ModeratorSeptember 21, 2020 at 8:41 am
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What did you learn about culture?
- What was your favorite quote?
- What surprised you most?
- What is one way you can enact what you learned in your own life?
- How can we each help shift the culture and the conversation surrounding this topic?
MemberSeptember 21, 2020 at 12:26 pm
The thing that I learned about myself while listening to these episodes was that the male and female anatomy are made of the same parts and that I am normal. The thing that I learned about culture is that it tells men and women that liking something is the same as desiring it, when there is a difference. The thing that surprised me most was that our desire is a system of accelerators and brakes and that once we understand that we can take the drivers seat of our own desire and pleasure. The way that I can enact what I learned in my own life is to understand the difference between like and desire when it comes to sex with a future partner. The way that we can shift the culture and conversation around this topic is to educate ourselves about the difference between liking and desiring, as well as not putting pressure on ourselves to perform.
Log in to reply.