The site is in beta mode. Updates & improvements coming soon — thank you for your patience!

BBXX Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The BBXX Podcast: Let’s Get Intimate! Casual Conversations: “Don’t Apologize for Being Human” with Joanne Encarnacion Reply To: Casual Conversations: “Don’t Apologize for Being Human” with Joanne Encarnacion

• Amy

March 31, 2021 at 12:46 pm
    Up
    Down

The thing that I learned about myself while listening to this podcast is that I don’t always have to apologize for the things I do that may be wrong or stupid. I learned that I am only human, not perfect. The thing that I learned about culture is that it tells us that when we do something wrong or controversial we have to apologize for it all the time and that we humans shouldn’t have to apologize for being human. The thing that surprised me most was when Joanne talked about her personal experience. The one way that I can enact what I learned in my own life is to not always apologize for every single thing that I do that may be bad or stupid. I have to learn that I am human and I make mistakes. The way that we can help shift the culture and the conversation surrounding this topic is to show people that we all make mistakes and we should not have to apologize for every mistake we make or any bad behavior. Humans are flawed and we should accept and embrace e our flaws.