fbpx
The site is in beta mode. Updates & improvements coming soon — thank you for your patience!

BBXX Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The BBXX Podcast: Let’s Get Intimate! Episodes 1 & 2 – “Today’s Not So Liberated Sex Culture” – with Peggy Orenstein Reply To: Episodes 1 & 2 – “Today’s Not So Liberated Sex Culture” – with Peggy Orenstein

• Amy

September 7, 2020 at 12:38 pm
    Up
    Down

The thing that I learned about myself listening to these episodes was that even though there was a sexual revolution, it feels like sexual relationships sometimes don’t mean as much as they should. The thing that I learned about culture was that sex is sensationalized as a conquest and as a rite of passage. Sex should be looked at as something special between two people in an intimate real relationship. The way that surprised me most was that sexual relationships are seen sometimes as something to do, not as a special moment in a relationship. The way that I can apply what I learned to my life and to shift the culture is to educate myself and the people around me that sex is a special moment for a couple and that it is not just something that is a conquest for someone to brag about to their friends.