fbpx
The site is in beta mode. Updates & improvements coming soon — thank you for your patience!

BBXX Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The BBXX Podcast: Let’s Get Intimate! Episodes 11 & 12 – “The Birds and The Bees” with Logan Levkoff Reply To: Episodes 11 & 12 – “The Birds and The Bees” with Logan Levkoff

• Amy

September 15, 2020 at 2:17 pm
    Up
    Down

The thing that I learned about myself while listening to this episode was that I had the sex talk with my parents and I knew what to do when it comes to sex. I also was exposed to sexual images in magazines at 13. I have young girls in my family who have and will be exposed to sexual images, but it will be different from when I was younger. The thing that I learned about culture is that it exposes young girls and boys to images that glorify sex and they think that those images are what sex is all about. I would hope that those young people will have the sex talk with their parents and have a quality sex education class The thing that surprised me most was that kids are thoughtful enough to ask questions about sex and hope for an honest answer.The one way that I can enact what I learned in my own life is to be honest with my future children when they ask questions about sex and to not be afraid to be honest. The way that we can shift culture and the conversation around this topic is to explain to kids that the images they are exposed to are not what sex is and to be as honest with kids as possible.